July Book Blowout!June 30, 2008 at 5:06 pm | Posted in Books | 3 Comments
I am joining Marg from Reading Adventures and Amy from Passages to the Past in Blue Archipelago‘s fun July Book Blowout challenge. I thought this would be a fun way to encourage me to read the pile of ARCs I have on my night stand. So, I’m challenging myself to read 7 books this month. This will really be a stretch for me because I’m averaging only about a book a week so far this year. I really enjoy reading and reviewing ARCs, but it would be nice to have some room to read some historical fiction and other books I would select for myself during the dog day’s of summer. August marks the beginning of the Book Award Challenge II, so I also need get myself prepared for that.
Would you like to join me? If so, here’s how to get started:
How do I join in the fun?
- You can sign up any time between today and July 14 – just because I’m a bit slow to announce this!
- To join you need to post about the Book Blowout on your blog – and set yourself a target number of books you will try to read – go on challenge yourself! (Please note: If you do not have a blog I am perfectly happy for you to post your target in the comments below – and then the list of books in the wrap-up post in August)
- Use the Mr Linky below to link to that post so we can all see how many books you’re taking on in the Blowout
- Post a list of the books you managed to read by the deadline of August 7 to complete the challenge
What rules do I need to know?
- Only books read between July 1 and July 31 count towards the challenge
- You can include re-reads – as long as they are read within the month of July
- Books you abandon will only count as half a book
- If you read to your children you can include all books which have more than 100 pages
- You can include up to two graphic novels
- You can include up to two audio books – (if you have a visual impairment that prevents you from reading then you can use just audio books for the challenge)
- Books you read for other challenges are eligible – use this as an opportunity to catch up!
- If you start a book before July 1 and then finish it during the month of July then you can count is as half a book