Tags: Artist's Proof, Bel Canto, Cider House Rules, contest, free books, Gardens of Water, Jonathan's Story, May book give away, spring cleaning, The Forgery of Venus, The House at Riverton, The Lady and the Unicorn, The Venetian Mask
It’s May and spring is finally here. I’m in the mood to do some spring cleaning and I thought I might provide my readers with the gift of a new book.
This year I’ve received several Advance Reader’s Copies of books and I’ve reviewed them here at Literate Housewife. Five of them are part of this book give away:
I’m also giving away my two used trade paperback copies I own…:
And two hardcover copies…:
What do you need to do to get one of the free books? If you live in the US or Canada, simply leave a comment to my review of the book(s) you are interested in and let me know why you would like to read it. For each book, I’ll draw a winner at random from all of the comments posted on Tuesday, May 20th. I’ll let the winner know by email. If I get the addresses, I’ll have all of the books in the mail that Thursday or Friday.
This is a win/win situation. My bookshelves will be just that much tidier and you might find yourself with a free book.
Tags: Anya Seton, Artist's Proof, Devil Water, Gilding Lily, graphic artist, HarperCollins, Lander Marks, Las Vegas, LibraryThing, Rosalind Laker, Tatiana Boncampagni, The Venetian, The Venetian Mask, visit with parents, web design
I have some fun things to look forward to in Literate Housewife-Land:
- I received an Advanced Readers Copy of Artist’s Proof by Lander Marks in the mail on Monday. After I finish reading it, I will be interviewing the author. I’m really excited to get to do that again.
- I am on the look out for two other ARCs: The Venetian Mask by Rosalind Laker (snagged through LibraryThing) and Gilding Lily by Tatiana Boncampagni (through HarperCollins). Since I snagged The Venetian Mask last month and it has yet to arrive, I’m starting to have my doubts about receiving it. That’s a little disappointing, but I’ll survive. Besides, it will be nice change to read two novels that are not historical fiction. I love historical fiction as you know, but a girl needs a little variety every now and then. 🙂
- My parents and my Uncle Ryan are coming down for a visit this weekend. I love to watch my kids interact with my parents. It should be a nice, relaxing weekend.
- I have registered http://www.literatehousewife.com! I am busy dreaming about how I want the site to look and work. As I’m no artist, I am looking for someone to help me with the colors, graphics, and logo I’ll need to complete the website and I’ve finally found a good lead. I’m hoping to have the site up and running this summer. I’m going to incorporate my blog and my Tudor Fan Site, which I’ll be building on that as well as well as adding a forum. When all that happens, be on the lookout for changes here, too.
- I am going to Vegas in June!!!!! As part of my new position at work, I’ve been invited to attend a conference being held at The Venetian. Sometimes I really feel like my life is swimming in connections. Artist’s Proof takes place in Las Vegas and, assuming that my LibraryThing snag will arrive in time, I might be reading The Venetian Mask by the pool at the Venetian!